Pages

Monday 4 February 2013

Reboot

It's time for a reboot.

I started this blog some time ago. Some posts were read twice, some were read hundreds of times. Some were read by humans in the UK, some by spambots in Romania. None were read by my friends, because of my obsession at the time with my anonymity.

Of course I thought my obsession was justified back then: primarily I thought that being free to slate my employer if I wanted to would give rise to some interesting posts. It turned out though that the need to anonymise everything was stifling: the most interesting part of my job involves going to incidents, but I couldn't write about them if I didn't want anyone to know who was writing! I also realised very quickly that only very rarely do I feel the need to slate my employer, and on those few occasions when I do, it's better over a beer than in public.

So it's time for a reboot. Like me, the blog will be London-centric but not London-only, eclectic, heavily influenced by cartographic and historical geekery, and unreliable - though I'll try to write a more regularly than my last attempt at this malarky.

2 comments:

3.1 said...

Yay! You're back! I should probably get back into the swing of things at some point, when I have my life back in order though!

Looking forward to reading!

Chris said...

Thanks Anne! I saw when I was updating my blogroll that you're in limbo at the moment, I look forward to you coming back online!